Hyper-V 2019: unable to create wintun device: no interfaces found

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sun Aug 25 20:54:35 CEST 2019

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 12:52 PM <news at lindenberg.one> wrote:
> not the port. My external IP is dynamic. This is really standard for internet services in Germany offered to non-business users, or also business that prefer not the pay extra charges for the assignment of a static ip address. My IP address changes at least once a day (usually between 1 am and 2 am). Usually one uses a dyndns provider, and many routers support updating the ip address automatically. As I am running my external DNS with cloudflar, I am calling their API to update my external address.
> Now afaik Wireguard resolves the domain name of the server just once to an IP address and not regularly or whenever the connection breaks down or has been idle for some time.
> PersistentKeepAlive cannot address the issue, as the client is also not awake all the time in order to save energy. Looking at wg /? on windows I also don´t see any option that seems applicable..

Ahhh, the DNS re-resolution issue. On linux we have this nice script:

https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/tree/contrib/examples/reresolve-dns

On windows, it should be pretty easy to do as well. You can actually
just use task scheduler to run `wg set wg0 peer ABCD...EF= endpoint
somewhere.on.dyndns:1234` every minute or whatever you feel is best.