AW: Hyper-V 2019: unable to create wintun device: no interfaces found

news at lindenberg.one news at lindenberg.one
Sun Aug 25 20:52:04 CEST 2019

Hi Jason,
not the port. My external IP is dynamic. This is really standard for internet services in Germany offered to non-business users, or also business that prefer not the pay extra charges for the assignment of a static ip address. My IP address changes at least once a day (usually between 1 am and 2 am). Usually one uses a dyndns provider, and many routers support updating the ip address automatically. As I am running my external DNS with cloudflar, I am calling their API to update my external address.
Now afaik Wireguard resolves the domain name of the server just once to an IP address and not regularly or whenever the connection breaks down or has been idle for some time.
PersistentKeepAlive cannot address the issue, as the client is also not awake all the time in order to save energy. Looking at wg /? on windows I also don´t see any option that seems applicable..
Thanks, Joachim