FYI: systemd's networkd (v242) incorrectly setting listen-port on wg interface

David Anderson dave at natulte.net
Tue Sep 3 00:46:24 CEST 2019

On Mon, Sep 2, 2019 at 3:42 PM Georg Faerber <georg at riseup.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 19-09-02 12:42:00, David Anderson wrote:
> > Seems to be known to Debian:
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=936198 . I'm not
> > super familiar with Debian's development process, but I _think_, from
> > that bug + the systemd debian repo's state, that the fix is now
> > submitted and pending upload to unstable, after which it should flow
> > backwards over time into Buster.
>
> That's only partially correct, and maybe the following is nitpicking,
> but at least wanted to ensure this is known:
>
> The fix is pending upload to unstable, and will hit testing soon after.
> Expect this for the upcoming days. However, as buster is stable, it will
> not "automatically" flow into buster. This needs proposing an targeted
> update to the Stable Release Managers and an ACK by them -- which would
> probably be granted due to the severity. If you want this to happen,
> it's probably a good idea to tell the maintainer, so he knows people
> would be happy if this gets fixed in buster as well.

Thanks for the correction! I tried to figure out how stuff gets into
stable, but my quick research didn't reveal an obvious standard
method.

So the way to go about this is to ping the maintainer of the systemd
package out of band? Or file a bug on Debian's bugtracker? I'm still
not sure how to kick off this process.

Cheers,
- Dave