[pass] Support multiple git repositories

Lenz Weber mail at lenzw.de
Mon Apr 6 14:59:23 CEST 2015

Hiho,

actually, that functionality has already been submitted in November:

http://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/password-store/2014-November/001196.html

somewhere around December Jason stated that he likes the idea, but that
it would need a cleanup:

http://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/password-store/2014-December/001263.html

That cleanup has never been done as far as I know, but that commit from
ruza might be a good starting point to work on from.

Of course, you can also roll your own solution ;)

As for commiting:
git-format-patch is the way to go, other than that, just use the same
type of whitespace/tabs (not sure right now) the rest of the project
uses and you should be golden.
You SHOULD however not that we currently have a long turnabout time
until patches are accepted/integrated into the upstream repo.
This should not in any means discourage you, just don't get
disappointed if your patch is not integrated within the next two months
- Jason will get to it eventually, but we never know when he has the
time ;)

As for testing:
Just running "make test" in the root dir should suffice for just running
the tests.
The hardcoded GPG ids are included in tests/gnupg/{pub,sec}ring.gpg and
will be used by the tests if you run them from the Makefile.

Handling the settings and CLI:
the less changes you make for settings/parameters, the better your
chances are for the patch to be accepted.
Ideally one would just clone another git repo within the main repo and
password-store would just work with that.

I hope that helps,
Lenz

Disclaimer: I'm just another mailing-list user, this is no official
statement ;)